Diaper Wipes Case

Materials needed:

huggies wipe case
1/4 yard fabric any style
1/4 yard batting
1 ft ribbon
cording, ric rac, or any binding for around the sides
1/4 yard elastic

Directions:
trace case with a paper


Cut out the batting the same size or a little smaller than outline


Cut out the fabric the size of the pattern plus the size of the sides (I just guessimated)




Glue the batting to the case. It looks really thick but it gets pulled down with the fabric and is cuter with the thicker batting



Glue the fabric on to the side of the case. I pulled it down a little tighter so it wasn't huge.


I then glued the braiding or trim to the edges to cover the messy fabric and glue. I glued down the elastic down on the back before and the ribbon on front before the trim if you want. the ribbon is just for decorations and elastic is to hold a diaper or two to the back.


I then glued on the buttons or any other decorations. I wanted to do a silk flower but thought it would get smashed in a diaper bag. This one matched some of the other baby stuff I have made so I thought it would be perfect.

And there you have it. It was actually really easy. The only things I would recommend would be not to glue to close to the edges so you can trim down the sides and also to sear off the edges of the edging so it doesn't fray all over and get bulky.

If you have any other tips just let me know and leave a comment!

Comments

  1. No sewing involved, that's my kind of project :) May have to try this with mine someday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts