Grasshopper Ice Cream Cake

 It was my oldest daughter's birthday and I decided I wanted to make an ice cream cake. I found out a few years ago that her and my husband don't care for regular cake that much. They don't mind it but I found cheap ice cream cakes at Walmart and they loved them. Actually, we all loved them. So thus started our ice cream cake tradition. We are very fluid on "tradition" in our house but pretty much every year she gets an ice cream cake for her birthday. I have made a few throughout the years. Once was brownie on the bottom with ice cream on top. She has been obsessed with mint chocolate chip so I decided to make one for her with mint. I am the master of taking a recipe and just tweaking it with what I have or what works for us. While this a lot of the time totally fails me, this time it paid off. I was going to make it in a pie tin but saw a recipe using a spring form pan. I had to go wash and dust my spring form pan from downstairs and we were ready to go. It was a simple recipe and really could be easily adapted. Just swap out the favorite flavor and toppings. 


Grasshopper Ice Cream Cake:

24 Oreos

1/4 C melted butter

1 carton mint chocolate chip ice cream

1 cup magic shell or hot fudge

3 extra crushed oreos

whipped cream 

Caramel

Process 24 Oreos with 1/4 C melted butter. Press into bottom of springform pan or pie plate. Put in freezer for 15 minutes and take out ice cream to defrost a bit. Pour semi-melted ice cream into pan. Put back in freezer for 10 minutes. Pour or drizzle magic shell (1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips and 3 tbsp coconut oil melted together). Add crushed Oreos. Put in freezer for at least an hour. Serve with whipped cream and caramel if desired.

Makes 1 spring for pan or 8 large slices




Comments

Popular Posts