Fall Pennant DIY

I have been feeling extra crafty lately so I will try to add other crafts that I have done later but for now I have a fun and easy fall pennant. I LOVE fall and I love the colors and textures of fall. One thing I don't love is buying fall decorations. When I go to other people's homes I love their decor but I just can't muster up spending so much money on decorations, hence lots of crafts. I went to Ross today and found a small pumpkin and cloth for under it and it was $8 and I still need something else for the table. That is when I decided that I was going to make a few things for fall. So I got me some gold paint (not sure what for yet) and found my burlap to make this pennant. So here is a tutorial of how to make this super easy, fun, and simple fall decoration that won't break your bank.

First, you get out your supplies:
-burlap (any color-there are orange, green, brown, chevron, whatever you want)
-scissors (I used pinking shears)
-Fall template
-Sharpie markers or paint

1. Cut out the shapes for the pennant. You can do squares or triangles. Make them as large as you want. This is not an exact science just have fun experimenting.

Beware the burlap can get very messy :)

 
Cut out as many as you need. I did 6 pieces.

 2. Once you have you pieces cut out you are going to type up your saying that you want on it. I did fall and then 2 pumpkins. I did something just simple on Word.

3. Next you are going to copy the letters and shapes onto the burlap by placing the burlap on top of the paper. This also helps because the burlap has holes and you don't want the sharpie on your table. You should be able to see through the material. If not you can copy the letters on top of the burlap but it is harder since you have to cut out the letters.
Do a basic outline first
 4. Color in the letters and finish the shapes. This is where you can get creative and do what you want. Mine was a little different since it was a loose weave burlap so it was a little hard to color but you will figure it out.
Then color in the letters. You may need another sharpie in case it starts to dry up.

5. Last hang it on some twine or ribbon. You can string the twine through the burlap but I liked the idea of doing it on a clothesline look.

6. Hang up the pennant in your favorite spot so everyone can see :) I initially did it over my window but with the light and the burlap being somewhat see through it just didn't look good so I loved it by  my mirror. So you don't poke holes in your wall use tape or blue tacky strip from the school supply section. I put it on the corner of the mirror and wrapped it around the twin so it would keep it there. I love the look on the mirror.


Hope you enjoyed it. Also for more inspiration on this project go here. Share any tricks or tips for this craft. Also if you have other cheap fall decoration DIY projects let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts