Tutu Tutorial

So I am finally back and I have a quite a few new crafts coming up. Maybe it is just something about summer but it makes me a little more crafty. With the baby coming and a house to decorate (hopefully soon) I am sure I will have plenty of things to post on here. So the craft for today is a tutu. This is super easy and doesn't take too much brain power. It can take a little bit of time but it isn't that bad.

Supplies:
elastic (1 inch)
needle and thread (or sewing machine)
approximately 2-3 yards of tulle (depending on thickness and size)
rotary mat and cutter

The first thing that you are going to do is decide on how big you want it. I did mine a newborn so I cut the elastic to fit around the waist and then did an extra inch or so. Overlap the elastic and sew them together. I like to sew a box and then an X in the middle to reinforce.

This is a crappy picture but it is to show the elastic sewn together

Then I cut all tulle into 4x20 inches strips. You can do different sizes but I found that this one worked the best for what I was doing. Then you fold the tulle in half, wrap it around, and pull it through the other side. This makes it hold like a knot but lay a little bit flatter. Be creative with how you tie them if you want.

 It looks like this but then you tighten it

Then do this all the way around slowly scooting everything closer together so that it looks fuller. I also used alternating colors to add variety. Then go all the way around and you are done. You can add ribbon, flowers, and bows on also if you want. Super easy, and cute craft for your little one!

Finished! Tada!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts